Slow Dried Cherry Tomatoes
Perfect in salads, sandwiches, on Ryvita or wholemeal pitta pizzas, or on simply their own! Making your own slow dried tomatoes is really easy and much cheaper than shop bought sun-dried tomatoes, which often have sugar or preservatives added to them. These tomatoes have a concentrated, sweet flavour once cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C
- Wash the tomatoes and cut each one in half.
- Arrange the halves on a baking tray, cut side up.
- Sprinkle each half with a little bit of paprika and salt, then add a drizzle of olive oil over each one.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, set a timer if you have one so that you don’t forget about them!
- Allow to cool slightly then use as desired.