Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Bites
These clean eating peanut butter and banana bites are almost beyond words! You can eat them frozen, in which case they taste like chocolate covered ice cream, or you can let them thaw so that they have a crisp chocolate coating and a soft, sweet creamy centre.
The middle of these chocolate treats contains just peanut butter and banana, which is an energy dense filling that provides both complex carbohydrates and protein. This recipe requires just three ingredients, and it is really easy!
- Blend the bananas and peanut butter together in a blender or food processor. If you don’t have a blender, you can mash the banana thoroughly with a fork and stir in the peanut butter – but the filling probably won’t be as creamy.
- Place a dessert spoonful of the banana mixture onto a baking tray covered in parchment paper. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture. Freeze the tray for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave (stirring every 10 seconds), or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Dip each banana bite into the melted chocolate and place it back on the parchment paper on the cold baking tray.
- Once the chocolate has set (which should happen very quickly), you can enjoy the chocolates at room temperature. You can also eat these treats frozen, for an ice cream texture.
*You can purchase good quality dark chocolate that is sweetened with coconut sugar. RealFoodSource and OmBar are good options. Alternatively, look for a dark chocolate, 75%+, that has cacao listed as its primary ingredient.