Carrot Noodles with Coriander Pesto
This clean-eating pesto recipe is full of raw, nutritious goodness. Raw garlic contains potent anticancer food compounds, has been shown to be effective in reducing the severity of colds and helps to lower blood pressure. Pine nuts are a good source of antioxidants and are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids.
In this recipe, steamed carrot noodles replace wheat pasta to create a veggie-packed, nutrient rich, gluten-free meal.
- Add the coriander, crushed garlic, lemon juice, parmesan, pine nuts and salt to a food processor and blend until well combined in a paste.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil and blend again. Continue to add the rest of the olive oil until you get the consistency that you want.
- Check the pesto and add more salt if necessary.
- Steam the carrot noodles in 2 tbsp water for 3-4 minutes then drain really well. Add the noodles back to the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of coriander pesto to the saucepan, mix well then serve immediately.
The remaining pesto can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.