Clean Eating Plum Porridge
Fresh, juicy plums are cooked in orange juice and a pinch of cinnamon until they become sweet and sticky. In this clean eating plum porridge recipe, plums sit on top of a creamy, dairy-free porridge, flecked with orange zest and more cooked plums. A truly great way to start the day!
- Halve 2 of the plums and remove the stones. Slice them into wedges and put them in a small, heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the juice from the orange and the cinnamon.
- Cook over a medium flame, stirring occasionally and allow the orange juice to bubble and reduce until it is thick and sticky and the plums are nice and soft (5-8 minutes). Set to one side to cool slightly.
- Add the oats, almond milk, 1 of the plums (stone removed and diced with the skin on) and the zest of the orange to a small saucepan.
- Cook the oats over a medium heat, stirring regularly for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens and the plums are nice and soft.
- If you like your oats to be of a thinner consistency, add hot water a little at a time.
- Spoon the oats into a bowl and top with the sticky plums.