Clean Eating Pumpkin Granola Clusters
This clean eating pumpkin granola recipe makes a wonderfully different breakfast experience. Wholegrain oats are baked with pumpkin puree and walnuts, and then sprinkled with raw pumpkin seeds. Although you can add more honey if you prefer a sweeter breakfast, the slightly savoury pumpkin flavour in this clean eating granola is what makes this cereal really special.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed nuts, oats, salt and mixed spice. Mix the dry ingredients together well.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and honey in a small bowl and then add this to the dry mix. Stir well, mixing the puree into as much of the dry ingredients as you can. Allow clumps of the oats to form without breaking them up.
- Spread the oat mix onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Give the granola a stir every 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, some of the granola should be turning a golden brown. Take the tray out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cold, mix the clusters with the pumpkin seeds and store in an airtight container. Serve with milk, or sprinkled over natural yoghurt or fresh fruit.