Clean Eating Pumpkin Scones
Sweet and delicately spiced, these clean eating pumpkin scones, use wholemeal flour, no refined sugar and are a great excuse to get baking. Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, serve these scones warm with melting butter and a drizzle of honey, and embrace the cooler autumn days. This recipe makes 6 small scones.
- Pre-heat oven to 225°C
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the butter and either rub in using your fingers or pulse in a food processor until the butter is incorporated fully.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk and maple syrup.
- Stir the flour into the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overwork the dough or the scones will become tough. As soon as the dough comes together, tip onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently press the dough into a 1 inch thick round and cut out using small scone cutters.
- Place the scones on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.