Baked Peaches with Honey Nut Crumble
Once baked, peaches become meltingly soft and their natural sweetness is enhanced. In this clean-eating recipe, the baked peaches are topped with buttery, honey sweetened nuts. Choose just ripe peaches that will hold their shape when cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Carefully cut the peaches in half and remove the stone, keeping the peach halves intact and the skin left on.
- Finely grate the orange zest and set the zest to one side.
- Place your peach halves, skin side down on a baking tray.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice over the peaches. Dot each peach with 1 tsp of butter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 mins until the peaches are completely soft and golden.
- While the peaches are baking, prepare the nut crumble. In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and honey.
- Add the spices and orange zest and wait until the butter just starts to turn a dark brown.
- Add the chopped nuts and stir well. Tip the nut mixture onto greaseproof paper and allow to cool.
- When the peaches are cooked remove from the oven and spoon the nut mixture on top.
- Serve immediately.