Braised Red Cabbage with Spiced Apples
Once you’ve tried this clean-eating recipe for red cabbage braised with apples, you may never eat red cabbage on its own again! Slightly sweet and sour, with aromatic winter spices, this dish will become a firm family favourite. This dish can be eaten immediately, kept in the fridge for several days or frozen.
- Add the cabbage, onions, apples and garlic to a large soup pan or flame-proof casserole pot. Stir well to mix.
- Sprinkle the cabbage mixture with the spices, salt and pepper, and stir the mix again.
- In a small dish, mix the honey, water and the cider vinegar, pour over the cabbage mixture and sit the butter on top of the cabbage.
- Cook on the smallest hob, over the lowest heat, for 1 1/2 hours or until the cabbage mixture is soft and tender. Stir occasionally and if the cabbage starts to catch on the bottom of the pan, add another tbsp. of water.
- Excellent served with roast turkey.