Spicy Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
This deliciously warming, clean-eating soup is healthy and easy to make. It is packed full of nutritious tomatoes, red peppers and lentils. It is spiced with coriander and cumin and is satisfyingly filling too.
- On a low heat, gently cook the red onion and spices in oil for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the red peppers and carrots to the onion mix and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring well to coat the vegetables in the spices.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, salt, pepper and water and bring the pan up to a boil.
- As soon as it reaches boiling point, stir in the lentils, turn the heat down low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending. Add a little more water if the soup is too thick.