Extra Crispy Polenta Roast Potatoes
Roast potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to almost any meal! These clean eating roast potatoes have a crunchy, crispy outer coating of seasoned polenta to make them extra special. Make sure you choose non-waxy potatoes for that soft fluffy centre.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF POTATOES: White potatoes are very nutritious and contain vitamins C and B6, manganese, phosphorus, niacin and pantothenic acid. Potatoes also contain the anticancer phytonutrients, flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Peel your potatoes and cut into quarters, or large evenly sized chunks. Par-boil in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain well. Return the potatoes to the pan.
- Put your olive oil into a baking tray and place in the oven to heat up.
- Sprinkle the polenta and gram flour over the potatoes and shake them in the pan with the pan lid on, to coat the potatoes in the flour. Tip the potatoes onto the hot baking tray and turn to coat them in oil.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until the outer edges of the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately.