Lemon & Basil Roasted Summer Vegetables
This dish is a clean eating delight of slow roasted early summer vegetables. The potatoes and shallots are roasted to perfection in the sweet juices of cherry tomatoes, lemon and basil. You could eat these vegetables on their own, or top with crumbled feta cheese or alongside freshly roasted salmon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Separate the shallots into their natural halves and add them into a large baking tray.
- Add the potatoes, lemon zest and cherry tomatoes to the tray.
- Pour the olive oil over the vegetables and use your hands to coat all of the vegetables with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 60 minutes, gently stirring the vegetables every 15 minutes or so.
- After 1 hour, scatter the vegetables with the basil leaves and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Check that the vegetables are cooked through, pour over 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice, and then serve.
Learn more about the anticancer properties of onions in this article ‘Onions Kill Cancer Cells, Read the Evidence & Cook the Recipes‘