Tandoori Salmon with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
This clean-eating recipe for tandoori salmon is so easy to make and is a great way to liven up a quick evening meal. This salmon is served with a light cauliflower rice cooked in coconut milk with plenty of fresh coriander.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, almonds, garlic, ginger and spices.
- Spread the spice mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. You can do this in advance and put the salmon back in the fridge (covered), or you can cook it straight away.
- Grill the salmon under a high heat for about 8 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, heat a wok over a high heat. Add coconut oil and garlic to the wok and after 30 seconds, add the cauliflower rice to the pan. Stir fry the rice for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut the lemon in half. Use one of the lemon halves for lemon juice in the next step. Cut the other half in half again so that you have 2 quarters to serve with the fish.
- Add the coconut milk, 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice and the fresh coriander to the rice in the wok. Stir well and allow the milk to heat up, then serve immediately with the salmon and a wedge of lemon.
You could easily adapt this recipe to make it dairy-free, by swapping the Greek yoghurt for a coconut yoghurt such as CoYo.