Clean Eating Shrewsbury Biscuits
These clean eating Shrewsbury biscuits are dairy-free and gluten-free but retain the traditional flavours of raisins and spice, and that essential crisp biscuit texture.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar and egg.
- Stir the mixed spice and dried fruit into the egg mixture.
- Add the almonds and coconut flour to the mixing bowl and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Use your hands to bring the dough together into a ball. You can knead this dough as much as you like, it doesn’t contain gluten so it won’t become overworked. If the dough is too dry add a couple of teaspoons of almond milk.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper, and cut out the biscuits using a large circular cookie cutter. The dough needs gentle handling as it is a little crumbly. Take your time, there is no raising agent used and therefore no rush to get the biscuits in the oven.
- Place the cut out biscuits gently onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack.
This recipe makes 12 biscuits, price provided is for a full batch of 12.