Clean Eating Sweet Potato Crisps
These clean-eating sweet potato crisps take only a few minutes to prepare and make. You can eat them knowing that they are free from preservatives and cheap, refined vegetable oils. These are a fantastic snack to curb junk food cravings as they are crispy, salty and starchy!
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Using a food processor, mandolin or sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible. You don’t need to remove the potato skin.
- Put the sweet potato crisps in a large bowl and cover them with the oil (if using coconut oil then melt the oil first).
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the potato rounds in a single layer over the paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over, and bake again for 10 minutes. Check the potatoes halfway through this second bake and remove any that are looking too brown.
- Allow the chips to cool on the tray, then season generously with salt and enjoy.
You could add additional seasonings such as paprika, garlic powder, oregano or turmeric.