Orange & Chilli Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This clean-eating sweet potato recipe is a great way to subtly jazz up this staple vegetable. With a hint of orange and chilli, these potato wedges are delicious enough to be served on their own. They also make a brilliant side dish for chicken or steak.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters to form large wedges.
- Put the wedges on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and then roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, orange zest, chilli flakes, salt, black pepper and spring onions.
- After 25 minutes, check that the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Remove from the oven and turn the heat of the oven up to 200°C.
- Pour the orange and oil mix over the potatoes, while they are still on the hot baking tray. Mix the potatoes well with the oil mix, taking care not to break up the wedges.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes before serving.