Spanish Sweet Potatoes
Spanish potatoes are normally made with white potatoes, but nutritious sweet potatoes work just as well in this recipe. These potatoes are crispy and spicy on the outside, with a soft and fluffy centre.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SWEET POTATOES:
Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Beta-carotene has been demonstrated to protect against cancer, while vitamin A helps to protect eyesight. Sweet potatoes have a low glycaemic index score and provide a source of fibre, as such they are a good choice for diabetics.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and put a baking tray in the oven to also pre-heat.
- Wash the potatoes, then cut them into evenly sized small chunks.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl then add the paprika, oil, salt and garlic. Mix until the potatoes are well covered with the spices.
- Tip the potatoes onto the pre-heated baking tray and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- When the potatoes are crispy on the outside but soft in the middle, serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and a sprinkling of parsley.