Video Recipe: Speedy Tuna Pasta for Children
This video recipe shows you how to make a nutritious meal of clean eating tuna pasta, specifically designed for children. A creamy (but dairy-free and gluten-free) tomato sauce, with protein-rich tuna and a hint of parsley. This clean tuna pasta is perfect paired with wholemeal pasta and vegetables, or use gluten-free pasta for a completely gluten-free dinner.
- Boil the pasta according to the manufacturers instructions. 4 minutes before the pasta has finished, add the frozen vegetables to the water.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the olive oil and rice flour together until the rice flour has dissolved. Add the tomato puree to make a paste.
- Gently heat the paste, stir continuously as you add the stock to the pan. Use a whisk to ensure you don’t get any lumps in the sauce. Once all of the stock has been added, bring the sauce up to the boil and allow it to thicken.
- Add the tuna, parsley and pepper to the pan and stir well, turn the heat down and allow the sauce to simmer gently.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, add them to the saucepan with the sauce and mix well before serving.
Watch this recipe being made: