Vegan Lentil & Herb Bolognese
This clean-eating, vegan, lentil Bolognese is a cheap, nutritious and comforting meal. Dried lentils are the most cost-effective option and also the tastiest as the lentils absorb the stock and flavours during cooking. You could use tinned lentils though for a speedy mid-week supper.
- Cook the onions and garlic over a low to moderate heat for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent and starting to soften.
- Add the carrots and continue to cook gently for 10 minutes taking care not to allow the onions to brown.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and water and cook covered for 30-40 minutes until the carrots are tender and the lentils are soft.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil the wholemeal spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix with the Bolognese. Serve immediately.