Spicy Vegetarian Chilli
This clean eating vegetarian chilli packs quite a punch of heat, so it is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winters day. It is also packed full of fresh vegetables, lentils and beans for a filling, nutritious meal. The warm chilli is served topped with crispy roasted sweet potatoes for an amazing contrast.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, chilli powder and olive oil and mix with your hands to coat the potato cubes. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking, gently sweat the onion and garlic in the olive oil, in a large saucepan. After 5 minutes, add the spices and herbs into the pan and mix well with the onions. Allow the spices to cook out for another couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the saucepan. Stir well then simmer covered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve the chilli topped with the roasted sweet potatoes and fresh coriander.