Fennel & Rock Salt Crackers
Did you know you can make great crackers with just 3 ingredients? Flour, salt and water makes a crispy, additive free snack. These crackers have a few additional seasonings in them for added taste. Perfect with hummus, guacamole, cheese, or just on their own.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, pepper and fennel seeds.
- Add the water a little at a time and stir to mix. Different flours will absorb different quantities of water so you may need slightly more or less than the stated volume. You want the dough to be moist but not sticky.
- Gently knead the dough on a very lightly floured surface for a few seconds, we don’t want to work it too much, just enough to bring it all together nicely.
- Roll the dough out on the back of a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use a little flour on your rolling pin to stop it from sticking to the dough.
- When the dough is relatively flat, sprinkle the rock salt over the dough. Continue to roll the dough out as thinly as you can, pressing the seeds and salt into the dough. The thinner you roll the dough, the crispier the crackers will be.
- Use a large knife to deeply score the dough into individual crackers.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the crackers turn a golden brown and start to curl up at the edges.