Cacao Frappuccino with Whipped Coconut Cream
It looks naughty doesn’t it?! Well ok it is a bit naughty, but as with all clean-eating recipes, this Frappuccino contains only natural ingredients that provide nutritional value. The raw cacao used in this recipe is unprocessed and rich in antioxidants, magnesium and potassium.
In addition, this recipe uses nutrient rich almond milk and coconut milk. Coconut milk contains fatty acids that are satiating and have been implicated in improved heart health and when used in moderation, in helping weight loss.
- Warm the almond milk in a saucepan.
- While the almond milk is warming up, add the 3 tbsp cacao and 1 tsp coffee to a mug and add 4 tbsp of very hot (but not boiling) water, stirring to form a thick paste.
- Pour a little of the warm almond milk into the mug with the paste. Add enough almond milk to loosen the paste from the edges of the mug and then pour the cacao/milk mixture into the pan with the rest of the almond milk.
- Whisk the chocolate milk and then pour into a jug to cool down. Taste the milk at this point and add honey to sweeten if desired.
- While the milk is cooling, make the whipped cream. The chilled coconut milk should have separated into solids and a watery liquid. Discard the liquid and whip the solids using a food processor if you have one, or by hand.
- When the milk has cooled, add the ice cubes and pour the milk into a glass. Top with the whipped cream, sprinkle with a little more cacao and enjoy!
*I used Marvellous Superfoods Drinking Chocolate in this recipe – it is all natural and clean-eating, made with raw cacao powder, palymyra jiggery and Madagascan vanilla powder. I highly recommend you try this as it is amazing (none of my recipes or blogs are sponsored so you can trust my genuine recommendations). You could use raw cacao powder in this recipe as an alternative.