Fresh Lemon Curd
This lemon curd is fresh, zingy and very lemony! Made using only clean-eating ingredients, this curd is refined sugar-free and dairy-free. Perfect for mixing with yoghurts, filling tart cases or simply enjoying on its own.
- Finely grate the zest of 2 of the lemons. Add the zest to a non-stick or ceramic saucepan.
- Juice the lemons until you have 80mls of fresh lemon juice (about 2 ½ lemons). Set to one side in a bowl or jug.
- Add the honey, egg yolks and whole egg into the saucepan with the zest and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Over a very low heat, slowly start to warm the lemon, egg and honey mixture up. Once the mixture is starting to warm through, add the coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Slowly stir in the lemon juice and continue to gently warm the mixture. You can turn the heat up very slightly at this point but be very careful not to apply too much heat or you’ll scramble the eggs (and this is not what we want!). Keep stirring the mixture while it heats and it will start to thicken up.
- Once the curd is thick enough to coat the back of your wooden spoon, you can take it off the heat.
Are you wondering what to do with your gorgeous clean-eating lemon curd? How about these diary-free, gluten-free Mini Lemon Curd Tartlets?