Spicy Quinoa with Balsamic Roasted Peppers
This clean quinoa recipe is bursting with flavours of the Mediterranean. In this recipe, the quinoa is cooked in a flavoursome paprika stock and then mixed with beautifully sweet, roasted peppers.
Quinoa is a gluten-free, relatively high protein, whole grain. It contains all nine essential amino acids, several antioxidants and a range of vital minerals and vitamins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the peppers, cut into large chunks, the tomatoes cut into quarters, the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well so that the peppers are well coated in oil then tip them into a baking tray.
- Bake the peppers for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the peppers are baking, rinse the quinoa well with cold water, drain and add to a saucepan.
- Add the paprika, pepper, salt and hot water to the pan. Stir well then simmer the quinoa for 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain any excess liquid from the quinoa then mix in the roasted peppers and serve.