Peppery Spring Greens Soup
Spring greens are chock full of vitamins and minerals essential to good health. These young cabbage leaves contain vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and more! This clean spring greens soup retains the nutritional value of the greens by only lightly cooking them, but the soft, tender potatoes and celery add additional body to the broth, ensuring that it is filling enough for lunch. Dairy-free, vegan recipe.
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, gently sweat the celery in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and stock to the pan, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the potatoes and celery are really tender and soft, add the spring greens to the pan. Don’t worry if they don’t fit below the surface of the stock, just put the lid on the pan and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- When the greens are tender, but still vibrant in colour, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth if desired, then season heavily with black pepper to taste.