Creamy Chicken on a Butter Bean Mash
This clean-eating chicken recipe is satisfying on every level. A creamy sauce, succulent roasted chicken breast and a deliciously different bean mash, created with only a few minutes of work.
This dinner is low carb, high protein and contains healthy fats from the crème fraiche and the olive oil. These nutritional qualities make it perfect for anyone eating a healthy diet, but also in particular, for those looking to lose weight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, tip the drained butter beans into a saucepan.
- Turn the heat onto low, then add the 1 tbsp olive oil and milk, then mash until reasonably smooth. Allow to warm through then add the salt and pepper to taste.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, allow it to sit for a few minutes to rest at room temperature. Melt the crème fraiche in a saucepan and stir in the chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken, then serve on top of the mash and pour the sauce generously over the top.