Dates in Blankets
Pigs in blankets (sausages wrapped in bacon) are a longstanding Christmas tradition. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to buy preservative free bacon or sausages in the UK. These dates in blankets have a modern, clean eating upgrade. The sweet and savoury contrast is fantastic.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Thinly slice your goats cheese and cut each slice in half again to create a half-moon shape.
- Carefully slit each date open down one side.
- Slide the stone out of the date and replace it with a half-moon slice of cheese.
- Wrap the date in a slice of Parma ham and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the ham is crispy and the cheese has melted.
This recipe is taken from the new e-book ‘A Clean Eating Festive Feast‘, with 12 recipes for a Christmas Dinner for the whole family. Clean recipes include crispy polenta roast potatoes, citrus roasted turkey, sugar-free cranberry sauce, mini sour cherry mince pies, traditional Christmas cake and a fig Christmas pudding.