Garlic & Chive Cloud Bread
This healthy Cloud Bread recipe makes light, gluten-free, dairy-free bread that contains almost no carbs and is low fat. Flavoured with garlic and chives, this is the perfect grain-free bread solution for toast, sandwiches and more.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Separate the eggs putting the yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl, and the whites into a large mixing bowl (your food processor bowl if you are using one to whip the eggs). Be careful not to get any yolks in the egg whites.
- Beat the cream cheese into the yolks thoroughly until well combined. Then add the garlic powder, salt and chives. Mix well then set to one side.
- Add the cream of tartar to your egg whites and whip on a high speed until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the yolk and cheese mixture into your egg whites. Combine well but be careful not to knock the air out of your egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into 5 rounds on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. You can use a metal round to make them all an even size, but this isn’t essential, your mixture should stand up without the need to do this.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden and the breads are reasonably firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool. You can eat these straight away, or store in an airtight container for 3 days. (The texture becomes slightly more chewy and bread-like if you let them sit and cool for a day).
Read the blog post ‘Grain-Free, Low Carb, Low Fat Cloud Bread? Who Are You Kidding!’ to follow the method with images.