Golden Milk – Turmeric Latte
The benefits of turmeric are numerous. The active compound of turmeric, curcumin, has been shown to have powerful anticancer properties. Turmeric is also an anti-inflammatory, a powerful antioxidant, boosts brain function and can help fight depression. What more reason do you need to try this turmeric latte recipe (also known as Golden Milk). This recipe makes a warming, medicinal hot milk drink that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Turmeric absorption and bioavailability is greatly increased when it is taken with pepper.
- Add the coconut oil (melted), cinnamon, turmeric and pepper together in a mug to form a paste.
- In a heavy bottomed or ceramic saucepan, gently heat the almond milk.
- When the almond milk is hot but not boiling, pour a small amount of almond milk into the mug and mix it with the paste.
- Then pour the turmeric mixture back into the pan of hot milk.
- Whisk the milk until the mixture is frothy and the spices have been well incorporated. Add honey to taste.
- Pour the milk into a clean mug and enjoy.
Find more turmeric recipes and articles.