Honey Nut Granola Bars
If you like crunchy nut cornflakes, then you’ll love these clean eating honey nut granola bars! They take just a few short minutes to make and provide a filling, wholegrain, sweet treat. These granola bars provide a great burst of energy, and they are child-friendly too (not suitable for nut allergies). Simply use gluten-free oats to make these completely gluten and dairy-free.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- Line a 6 inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey until it is boiling. Allow it to boil for about 60 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Stir the mixture well to break up any large clumps of peanut butter, then pour the mix into the bowl of oats.
- Stir well until all the oats are coated in the honey mixture.
- Tip the oat mix into your lined baking tin. Press the oats down firmly until they cover the base of the tin and the surface is reasonably flat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool before slicing into 8 bars.
- Store in an airtight tin for up to a week, or freeze until needed.