Low Carb Protein Muffins with Hummus
These clean eating low carb protein muffins are gluten-free and flour-free. They have a similar texture to regular muffins and combine the tangy flavours of chickpea, mint and feta. These clean-eating savoury muffins can be eaten on their own, cut in half and topped with cottage cheese, or served alongside a bowl of soup.
Unlike a regular muffin, these muffins are low in carbohydrates, and high in protein from the hummus, tahini, egg white and cheese. They are also naturally low in fat. This makes these muffins the perfect choice for anyone looking to lose weight, and for people wishing to increase their protein intake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together the hummus, tahini, dried mint, dried parsley and feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then gently fold the whites into your hummus mixture.
- Spoon the mix into 3 large, lightly oiled muffin moulds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden on top.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.