Strawberries and Coconut Whipped Cream
This decadent and dairy-free, clean eating recipe might really surprise you. Coconut milk is easier to digest for people who are dairy intolerant, it is also seriously delicious. You can serve your whipped cream with strawberries, or any other ripe fruits or desserts. You need to pick full fat milk such as Blue Dragon that does not contain guar gum, this stabiliser will stop the milk from whipping properly.
- Place your tin of coconut milk in the fridge the day before you want to make your dessert.
- When the time comes to whip the milk, take the tin out of the fridge and turn it upside down.
- Carefully open the tin and pour away all of the watery liquid (you can use this in smoothies or for cooking).
- Scoop out the solid milk remaining in the tin and place in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Whip the hardened milk until it is fluffy and resembles whipped cream.
- If desired, sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- Hull your strawberries and spoon the cream over the top.
- Serve immediately.