Tuna, Apple & Pecan Lettuce Wraps
Tuna is a healthy and filling protein choice for lunches. This bread-free tuna wrap has the sweetness of apple and the crunch of pecan nuts, making it an anything but boring meal. A brilliant alternative to sandwiches.
- Very finely dice your tomato and shallot. Peel, core and very finely dice your apple.
- In a large bowl, mix together your diced tomato, shallot, apple, tuna and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Pour this dressing over the tuna and mix well.
- Remove each leaf from the lettuce and wash well. Spoon your tuna mixture into the leaves. The mixture is enough to fill 6 reasonably large leaves.
- Serve topped with a sprinkling of herbs or more pecan nuts.
The tuna filling will keep for several days in the fridge, in an airtight container. You could also use it to top wholegrain toast, or jacket potatoes.