Video Recipe: Quick Vegetable Frittata for Children
This clean eating vegetable frittata takes less than ten minutes to make and provides a healthy, made-from-scratch, clean eating dinner for children (and the whole family). This is a complete meal, containing starchy carbohydrates, vegetables, good quality protein and healthy fats.
- Turn your grill on and allow it to heat up while you prepare the frittata.
- In a small, heat-proof frying pan, gently fry the red pepper in the olive oil until it starts to soften, approximately 1 minute.
- Add the new potatoes and haricot beans to the pan and stir to mix up the ingredients.
- Add the beaten eggs and the peas to the pan, stirring gently as the egg proteins start to set. Keep stirring gently, bringing the set egg into the middle of the pan and allowing uncooked egg to hit the bottom of the pan nearest the heat.
- After a minute or so, stop stirring the egg and allow the base of the frittata to set and cook. Allow the base to continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Transfer the pan under the grill and allow the top of the frittata to set (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and allow the frittata to sit and firm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently tip the frittata onto a chopping board and slice into wedges. Serve with cherry tomatoes or salad.
Watch this recipe being made: