These terms and conditions govern your use of The Green Apple Club (thegreenappleclub.com) and include use of the website and forum. We may amend or add to these terms and conditions without notice to you, so please check them periodically.
When you register with The Green Apple Club you are stating that you are over 18 years of age. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any other time will be true, accurate and complete.
You must keep the password which you use to access thegreenappleclub.com website confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone else. You will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your password.
Recipe and Material Submissions
By submitting, disclosing, or offering any recipe, recipe review rating, photograph or image, as well as comments, forum feedback/suggestions/ideas and other information, content or material, or other item to The Green Apple Club, either online or offline and whether or not solicited by The Green Apple Club, you hereby grant to The Green Apple Club an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sub-license, and otherwise commercially and non-commercially use your submitted items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film, or electronic storage devices), without compensation of any kind to you or any third party.
The member must submit only his/her own original images and agrees and confirms that this will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. The photo should be of sufficient quality to publish. The Green Apple Club reserves the right to delete or edit any photo. Any copyright infringements or litigation claims against images uploaded by members or users of the website are the sole responsibility of the member/website user who uploaded the photograph. If your photo contains what appears to be illegal conduct, The Green Apple Club will notify the relevant authorities.
By adding a comment to the site, you agree to comply with the following terms:
The Green Apple Club reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, alter, delete or move any material, such as listings or comments added by thegreenappleclub.com and you. The Green Apple Club will not enter into any discussions about its decision to edit, alter, delete or move such material. Any litigation against defamatory comments made by members or website users remain the sole responsibility of the member/website user under whose password or contact details the comments were made.
Images in comments
The member must submit only his/her own original images and agrees and confirms that this will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. The photo should be of sufficient quality to publish. The Green Apple Club reserves the right to edit or delete any photo. Any copyright infringements or litigation claims against images uploaded by members or users of the website are the sole responsibility of the member/website user who uploaded the photograph. If your photo contains what appears to be illegal conduct, The Green Apple Club will notify the relevant authorities.
Publication or use of any user-generated content is at the sole discretion of The Green Apple Club and The Green Apple Club is under no obligation to publish or use any user-generated content. You must include your full name and e-mail address with your submitted content so that we can attribute the content publicly to you, and so that we can contact you if we have any questions about your content; however, only your name and not your e-mail address will be published on the website.
User Forum and Website Conduct
This website includes a private discussion forum for members that is not open for view by non-members. The website also contains other general access interactive areas, including, article, recipe and blog commenting facilities. All such forums and interactive areas shall be used strictly for non-commercial purposes. You are solely liable for any material you upload or transmit to the discussion forums or interactive areas of this Web site. You agree not to use the website to do any of the following:
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any message, information, text or other material (“Material”) that The Green Apple Club considers to be unlawful, harmful, libellous, torturous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Upload or transmit any Material that would constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, national, or international law.
- Upload, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Material that might infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Without The Green Apple Club’s express written permission, distribute, publish, or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized promotions, advertising or solicitations for funds, goods or services, including junk mail, spam, and chain letters.
- Harm minors in any way; or
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Be disrespectful of other members or website users in your comments, forum posts or any other interaction on thegreenappleclub.com. Differences of opinion are welcome, but abuse or trolling of The Green Apple Club team, website users or other website members will result in immediate termination of membership and blacklisting from The Green Apple Club website and social media forums.
The Green Apple Club (thegreenappleclub.com) is to be used by you for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes (to promote a company, product or service or to recruit staff) without prior written permission from The Green Apple Club.
The Green Apple Club reserves the right at any time to edit, alter, delete or move any material posted to, appearing on, or distributed by, thegreenappleclub.com and you. The Green Apple Club will not enter into any discussions about its decision to edit, alter, delete or move such material.
All copyright, trade marks (registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights of any nature arising from all materials, content and information on this site, including the site’s design, layout and organisation, are owned or licensed by The Green Apple Club.
Except where stated, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of The Green Apple Club.
The Green Apple Club owns copyright of all intellectual property available on thegreenappleclub.com including recipes uploaded by the admin team, articles, blank shopping lists, bland meal planners and 28 DAYS meal plans and shopping lists. It is strictly forbidden to print, copy, share or distribute The Green Apple Club 28 DAYS meal plans or shopping lists. Breach of these terms and conditions may result in legal action being taken against you.
Permission is granted to access, download, or print recipes, articles, shopping lists, blank meal plans for your personal, non-commercial use only and is subject to these terms and conditions.
Non-Compliance of Terms and Conditions
The Green Apple Club. will be entitled to restrict, suspend or terminate your membership, deny you access to thegreenappleclub.com or take such other action as The Green Apple Club deems appropriate if it determines, in its sole discretion, that you are in breach any of the Terms and Conditions or that your use of thegreenappleclub.com is inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable. This action may be taken immediately, without prior notification.
The restriction, suspension or termination of our service pursuant to this section will be without prejudice to any rights which The Green Apple Club may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Green Apple Club shall be entitled to disclose your user identity and details if required or requested by the courts or other law enforcement authorities and/or agencies or in such other circumstances as The Green Apple Club in its sole discretion considers reasonably necessary or appropriate.
If The Green Apple Club deems you to have been disrespectful of other members or website users in your comments, forum posts or any other interaction on thegreenappleclub.com, the Green Apple Club reserves the right to terminate your membership immediately. Differences of opinion are welcome, but abuse or trolling of The Green Apple Club team, website users or other website members will result in immediate termination of membership and blacklisting from The Green Apple Club website and social media forums.
The Green Apple Club is free to join. You reserve the right to cancel your membership to The Green Apple Club at any time. Cancellation will terminate your access to the members-only website and halt any further email communication. It may take up to 14 days to process your cancellation. If you wish to cancel your membership with immediate effect, ceasing all access to members area of thegreenappleclub.com and stopping all emails, please contact email@example.com. It may take up to 14 days to process your request in full, during which you may continue to receive notifications from The Green Apple Club.
The Green Apple Club reserves the right to cancel your membership if you have seriously broken the club rules or any of the Terms and Conditions stated on thegreenappleclub.com. If this happens, termination of your membership will occur immediately without prior notice. The Green Apple Club will notify you in writing that membership has been terminated.
Use of Information
- Personal Information: Personal information is information that may specifically identify an individual, such as a member’s name, address, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her activity on the website. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual. We will never share your personal information with third-parties.
- Non-Personal Information: Personal information is data we collect about a group of members or website visitors that does not personally identify you. This anonymous data helps us to understand trends and member/visitor needs so that we can better consider new services, and tailor existing services to member/visitor requirements. On occasion we might share anonymous/non-personal information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us to better understand and improve our services, as well as for internal marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
The Green Apple Club collects personal information from members at the point of registration, or when a visitor submits a comment or recipe. We use this information to assign credit for comments or recipes, for billing purposes, and also to carry out your requests and anticipate/resolve problems with the website, forum and services offered. We will never share your personal information with third-parties.
Registration and Other Information Submissions
- When you register to become a member of The Green Apple Club, you are asked to create a unique login and password, and are required to give certain personal information (such as your name and email address). We will also request optional information about you such as your gender and date of birth.
- Information that you provide during membership registration might be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfil your request
- to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our website for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news, (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the website.
- Additionally, your registration information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the website, for the following purposes:
- Editorial contact, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- To contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Web site (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted);
- To identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the website (e.g., comments and recipes). We will never post your email address or contact information on the website.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable but is publicly displayed on the website (such as user name and photos) may appear in the results of searches conducted on internet search engines while you are a member of the website and potentially for some time after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
As a member of The Green Apple Club, you will receive our transactional business communications (e.g. e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages, etc.) at your e-mail address or street address. We might also send such communications to you through the forum messaging service. In addition you might be automatically enrolled in one or more of our e-mail subscription programs. While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive any other emails from us, for example our newsletter emails.
E-mail and Newsletters
When you become a member of The Green Apple Club you are automatically enrolled in our newsletter send. The purpose of the newsletter is to update you on activity by The Green Apple Club or activity by our members, such as new recipes or success stories. To be placed on the ‘DO NOT EMAIL’ list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitions, Promotions, Offers and Surveys
From time to time our website may request personal information from users via competitions or surveys. Participation in these competitions and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal information requested in these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and address) and demographic information (e.g., your postcode, age or gender). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to examine ways in which we can improve our service. We will not disclose any of the information collected through surveys to any third-parties.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions, recipes or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission, attribute website content to you (for example assign your name to your uploaded recipe), or use your comments/ideas to make site improvements.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Green Apple Club will not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any third-parties.
Internal Business Use of Personal Information
We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information strictly confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
Protection of The Green Apple Club and its Users
The Green Apple Club website is not intended for use by children, this is primarily due to the open messaging enabled in the forums. The website does not knowingly contain content that is inappropriate for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. If you are under 18 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our website and should ask your parent to do so for you. User’s under the age of 18 years old may upload information on a parent or guardian’s account, under the supervision of that adult. The account holder is liable for and held responsible for, any content uploaded under their password and log-in details. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
To be placed on our ‘DO NOT EMAIL’ list, send a request to email@example.com. If your e-mail address is added to the ‘DO NOT EMAIL’ list, you will not receive any newsletters or other opt-in e-mail messages. As a member of The Green Apple Club, you will still receive essential business transactions from the Green Apple Club, such as membership renewal notifications and admin messages.
You can update your personal information using your account log-in details. If you require any help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a data file placed on a computer when it is used to visit the website. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences and web pages visited while using the websites. You may be able to remove, reject and/or disable some types of cookies using your browser’s preferences or other programs. Some features of the websites may not function properly or may operate slowly if you disable, delete, or refuse to accept cookies. Some of the cookies we use may be “Flash” cookies. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a computer via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your computer. While they are harmless, depending on your browser, these cookies may not be deleted when your cookies are deleted or disabled and, in some instances, they may cause your cookies to reappear in your browser. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted or disabled.